Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 4th of July from DLWM Photography!

These last few weeks have been so exciting!  I am planning to work in a photography club in my local area, as well as do another upgrade on my camera(s)...I have many!  I have one for close-ups, one for spotty weather (such as rain), as well as my new camera...(talk more about that later!)

I've been reading so much about photography, that there are just so many things to talk about.  I could do a post just on lighting, poses, and so forth..but I don't want to bore you...but I have to say it excites me! 

In the upcoming weeks I plan to try to get in a couple more photo shoots (aside from my kids of course!), as well as pursuing other things to do with my photography. I have been trying to advertise myself because I'd like to do some wedding photography.  I've been to two weddings for photos and it was a blast...I am hoping that I could get permission to post some of the pictures soon! 

I attended my sister-in-laws wedding, and although I didn't get many pictures (due to the fact I had just had my daughter less than a week before) the few I did have turned out pretty good. 

Of course, since then I've been experimenting with my camera settings as well as using props, reading, and putting into action my photography skills.  Let me tell you, taking an 8 week course and reading about it you an easily train yourself to have a photographers eye just as well as you can train yourself to do anything else you want to do. 

Anyways, back to the weddings!  So after the months of pulling out the camera (I have had the perfect model..I wanted to catch every moment of my daughter growing up), I was invited to my cousin's wedding.  Since last fall I had discovered my rekindled love for photography I asked my cousin permission to take some photos of her wedding so I could practice what I had been reading about.  Although I wasn't the paid photographer for the wedding, I could not get behind the scenes where most photographers go. (Aka, the bride getting ready, bridesmaids pictures and so on) What I did participate in however, was the ceremony and bits and pieces of the reception. 

The Unity-Candle

A table at the reception

The Wedding Cake






These are 3 things I managed to get pictures of.  The Unity-Candle at the church, a table at the reception, and of course...the wedding cake! 

Even though they are just things, I LOVED how the candles glowed as well as the colors that the bride picked.  They went very well together.

I do have photos of the ceremony, but like I said, I need to ask permission of the bride and groom before I try to post them. 

The wedding, of course, was a lot of fun and I did get some awesome pictures.  I look forward to more photos and more wedding opportunity's over the next few years.  

I look forward to my upcoming photo sessions.  I have a solo session, and hopefully a couple session coming up.  We are just waiting on one thing...the new camera! 

As always, I look forward to capturing your memories and making you smile!

For photo sessions, or questions e-mail

DLWMPhotography@gmail.com 
OR
Check us out on Facebook, just type in 'DLWM Photography' into your search bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment